Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Odd Girl Out

When I first came from Africa, I remembered I was being harassed by kids in my neighborhood and school because of stupid reasons.For example because I didnt know how to speak english or because i wasnt born in America. In my opnion I was being harassed because first of all I was new in the school, new neighborhood  and really didnt know what was going on so they thought they can take control of me. I also think they were doing that because they were really hurt so they were looking for someone else to hurt. The kids in my neighborhood and school made me feel like i didnt belong, the hurt i had in my heart made me wanted to go back home to Africa. The option I had in that situation was to talk to my father about it and he told me not to pay attention to them because i didnt got to school to know what people think about me but to get my education. His words and support really helped me because i stoped paying attention to their mean words and they got tired of it and decided to be my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment