Thursday, March 31, 2011

vignette review

Note to Mr. Sutherland, i try to link it to where i got the quote but for some reason it don't work on my computer.

I got this quote of Beatrice Zulu page and it about her talking about how she cant speak Krahn even though she live among people who speak Krahn
Krahn

When you take a cat and put it in a group of dogs, it won’t belong. My culture my language the one I can’t speak. I try all my best to understand some. Sometimes I want to speak it with my people, but I can’t. All my big brothers and sisters could speak it, everyone is proud of them. Me, nope I’m a big disgrace to my culture, but I don’t know how I lost it.
The theme i will say i got of Beatrice vignette when i was reading it is that when she dont know something she try her best to try to know. Its for example someone who live in a bad place like the ghetto and they want to get a better life, they will obviously strive to succeed by going to school and doing everything that is needed to be done.So i feel like even though Beatrice don't know Krahn but she loved among people who knows it she will try her best to learn.
This is a quote i got of Fremain page. I really like this quote because it talking about something he goes through in his life and he has encountered with.
East Oakland is where I stay. Home to three Latino gangs, Border Brothers (BBs), Nortenos (chaps, Nortes, X4) and Surenos (X3). Yea I Know about this. I’ve been around Nortes and Border Brothers before, but I’m not gang affiliated. Yea I know the gangs signs, but won’t throw em up where I stay at. I might get shot and killed.
His theme in this vignette i will say is being scared and also trying to survive. he talking about how he have been around all the gangs people but he know for fact if he want to stay alive he will bee sure never to throw none of those gang sigh up.

I used to be afraid of bees. I used to scream at the sight of them, run away, hide in the corner of my room until Mutti came to get me. When I was younger there were a lot of bees where I lived. They were innocent, of course. All bees are. A bee will not sting a person unless it is necessary- for when they sting a person, they die. All of their organs pool out and they fall to the ground, only to be stomped on
In Susan quote she is just like fermain. she afraid of what around her environment and try her best to survive from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment